Sunday, October 12, 2008

Moja Kuća

So I thought I should show you where I am currently living. Over the Christmas Break I will be switching houses with the other exchange student in my town, but until now this is moja kuća. (my house)
The house is two stories with an attic but we only occupy the second floor. There is a front hall, one bathroom, a kitchen, a storage closet, a master bedroom, a sitting room and a back deck.

I am staying with Damir and Snježana Piskač. Here are some pictures of their house that they have opened up to me.

My street - Ulica (street) Vlahe Bukovca 1. My house is the first on the left.

Front view of house. Almost all houses here have fences around the whole property.
The driveway with the garage in the background.

Inside the garage, as you can see we don't put the car in there.

The front doors. My host parents and I live on the top floor and in the Winter my host grandparents live on the bottom floor. It is very common for parents and children to live in the same house just different areas.

The backyard. It is mostly taken up by the dog pen where Beni lives. He looks cute but he isn't very friendly. A lot of people here own very ferocious guard dogs that bark and growl when you walk by the houses.

The front hall. Bathroom on the right and shoe closet on the left.

The hallway. Looking from my room to the front hall.

The kitchen.
The everything room. This room serves as the guest room, (couch turns into a bed) a computer room, a sitting room and a TV room.


Host parents bedroom.

Storage closet.

In attic looking down into the storage closet.

Attic. Mostly just storage.

Back deck. (door leading out to here is off the kitchen) Area is used for drying clothes, (It is common to air dry clothes here) and sitting when its warm out.

The bathroom.

The washing machine is in the bathroom. There is a tube that you stick under the lid of the toilet so it drains when washing. Its best to not go the bathroom when the laundry is being done. The toilet doesn't have water in it until you flush and you have to manually stop it.


The sofa is actually my bed. At night I fold it down and make my bed and in the morning I take the bedding off, fold it up and make it back into a couch.

The room I am staying in. Their daughter (Andreja) really likes the colour red and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (a band)

No comments: