Friday, October 3, 2008

štrudla od jabuka (apple strudel)

I first had an apple strudel when visiting the castles in Zagreb. They are delicious. When my host family received a crate of apples from the neighbors I suggested we make štrudla od jabuka. So last night my host mom and I made apple strudel. I can't stop eating them so unfortunately they are almost all gone. So here are some pictures.

The apples...

Me grating the peeled apples...My host dad seeing when they will be finished

My host mom pouring oil on the pastry dough. (we bought the dough )


Showing me how its done

First you pour oil on the doughThen you place the grated apple at one end

Add bread grains (absorbs moisture from apples), cinnamon and sugar.Then start rolling.

Lay out on baking sheet

Before putting in the oven you cover with sour cream

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,

I was trying to make strudel and searched for advice since my dough was dry and cracking.
Came to your blog, as I am senior citizen of Croatia living 30 years in Africa, and past president of Rotary Club here, was happy to see visitors tomy country of birth to be happy eating strudl od jabuka

Happy stay in Varazdin

Ivan