Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lost and Recovered!

I thought that the first few pictures I snapped of Croatia were gone forever. After only taking a few, there were complications with the memory card. Several techniques to recover the photos didn't work so I went out and bought a new card. The other day I had troubles with my other memory card. Again I thought I had lost the images. I found this photo recovery program and I was able to recover the photos from both cards! I am very glad that the images are not lost forever. Here are the first pictures I took in Croatia.


At the Vancouver Airport checking and weighing my luggage.
In the city center on the night I arrived.

Each year there is a festival of the city in Varaždin called Špancirfest. When I arrived there were only two days left of the festival. The night I arrived my host parents took me to the town center. I was tired, jet lagged and a bit dazed but I still enjoyed myself. This festival is over a week long and is filled with performers from around the world, presentations of old crafts, street performances, comedies, children's shows, vendors and much more. Unfortunately I was only able to take in two evenings of the festival but at least I got to experience some of it.

The weekend after I arrived I went to my YEO's (Youth Exchange Officer) house for lunch. Afterwards we drove out of town to a restaurant atop a hill (Hotel La'Gus) for ice cream. Here are some views of Varaždin from afar.


We also visited this place called Aqua City. It's a man made lake and sports center that is a popular destination during the summer months.

No comments: