Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Spreading Christmas Cheer

Well I helped with my first project in Interact Club.

Each year the Interact club at my school does a little project around Christmas time. This year the Interact club and my Rotary club put together gifts and necessities for two less fortunate families. Interact was in charge of putting together gift bags for the children of the families. My friend Tamara (Interact President) and I went shopping with the the Interact Rotary Sponsor.

Stuff for the bags.

There were 8 children in the one family and 6 children in the other. The ages ranged from 3 to 18.


Tamara and I went with the Rotary Club President and a few members to deliver the gifts. We gave the gifts along with what Rotary had supplied. (Shoes, clothes, toys, and bathroom supplies) It was very heartwarming to deliver the gifts to the families and help make their Christmas a little more special. Doing this also helped me to get involved in something in the community.

No comments: